Sunday, February 04, 2007

Superbowl Wine

2003 Weingut Robert Weil, Riesling ($30) -- Rheingau, Kabinett Halbtrocken. I know, I know almost any wine will do here given the range of food options (and 90% of the population will scream for beer), but I am going to a party thrown by a wine store owner. I was tempted to bring the 2002 Lynch Bages, but I don't think subtlety works well at these events.

I think the Riesling is an inspired choice as the first wine to start the activities in a few hours, and two hours before the actual kick-off. Chilled slightly, with steel and minerality and enough sugar to ward off the meanest guacamole dip.

Later, I will segue to a Petite Sirah by Rosenblum. The concept again is to go with a wine that can take on any food thrown at it. Come on, let's see what the salsa and nachos got today. This is our house! And if there are any steak sandwiches, we're talking touchdown!

Now, if only da Bears can make it an interesting game in the second half!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home