Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Azul Profundo


Beside being a hot restaurant in Santiago, Azul Profundo is a new line of wines from Chile produced by Jeff Jarvis and Jessica Tomei. They make their own Sierra Foothills Syrah, consult on some Chilean projects, import some other wines from Chile and run a distribution company in Northern California. Oh yeah, they also have a new born and still manage to sneak off and go skiing occasionally.

2005 Azul Profundo Syrah and 2005 Azul Profundo Pinot Noir (under $20) -- Chile. The Pinot reminds me of Jessica's Pinot by Porta as they are both from the Bio Bio Valley. Elegant with more fruit than Burgundy. Definitely not Russian River.

The Syrah is full-bodied with a long finish. A definite winner at this price point. Coming to Ohio very soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Joel BrĂ¼t said...

I had the 2005 pinot and it was delicious!

9:19 PM  
Blogger CDE said...

Had this wine at NOLA, Emeril's restaurant in the French Quarter. Enjoyed it with Smoked duck and it was fabulous.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had this at Commander's Palace in New Orleans this past weekend. It is fantastic, a new favorite. I enjoyed it with a terrific rack of lamb!

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I buy this fantastic wine! I had it in New Orleans recently and can't find it anywhere. I would love to know where I can purchase it.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can get it from the Varietal...the wine makers themselves. Email Erin Meadows at erin@thevarietal.com!! They can ship to you!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home