Thursday, February 09, 2006

Bonny Doon

Usually when the wine reps visit we gossip about local stuff (what restaurants are going out of business, what sommelier is leaving to work at a big-box retailer) but today when the topic of some recent brands switching distributors was brought up, one of the reps mentioned that with Bonny Doon going over to Glazers, the plan was to increase production 10 fold to be one of the "big boys". Bonny Doon is now doing about 400,000 cases annually.

"Randall sold out! Better get your Cigare Volant now from the old distributor."

Has anyone else heard this?

I always admired Bonny Doon's irreverence and his value approach to making very good wines for the people. If it's not true, I will update this post.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are at Glazers.

1:33 PM  
Blogger jens at cincinnati wine said...

I know! I called Sam to root through the inventory. I was told the 2002 is gone but there are half bottles of 2003. 2003 doesn't show on the web-site. I will see Friday what shows up.

8:45 PM  
Blogger jens at cincinnati wine said...

PS: Did I miss something, but when did Glazers change their name to "Glazer's Wholesale Drug Company, Inc."? Drug Company? What is that about?

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home