Thursday, January 19, 2006

Torremoron


2003 Torremoron Ribera del Duero Tempranillo ($10 ) -- Estate bottled by Bodega Coop. Ntra. Sra. del Rosario SCCL. The producer's name doesn't jump out here, but the back label is what every wine geek wants: Name of Wine (Torremoron Tinto); Wine Region (Ribera del Duero, Spain); Grape Varietals (100% Tempranillo); Wine Description; Location; Vineyards; Soils; Climate.

I am guessing this is a co-op wine. If your Spanish is better than mine then the Torremoron website should help. The back label does mention that the winery is in a small town, Quintanamanvirgo, with a population of 106, and that most of the families in the town are supported by the winery. I couldn't find the production notes for this wine as I am guessing it is produced for the US market. Also I am guessing at the price in Ohio, but if it's $10 bucks, then you can send me a few cases John.

I found this sample from Wine Trends in the wine racks at home, but I can't remember when I got it. The nose is full of earth and bright fruits with full fruit flavors and a hint of cherry. Medium finish and good acid balance. It would be good before dinner and with food. Very good!

PJ Wines has a very good write-up on this wine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you like Torremoron and our back labels. I hope you found the information you were looking for. Yes there are 300 vine growers for Torremoron. You can get a bit more info at www.oleimports.com (then look at our catalogue on pg. 43-44). Let me know if you have anymore questions about Ole wines!
-Dennis
dennis@oleimports.com

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home