Sunday, January 22, 2006

Razor's Edge


2004 Razor's Edge Shiraz ($12) -- 100% McLaren Vale, Australia. This is the inaugural vintage of a second label from the producers of Two Hands I was told. I haven't been able to confirm this yet in a web search (but I did learn much about Bill Muray's forgettable 1984 film!), but the story makes sense as the two wines are imported by Joshua Tree Imports.

This wine is a great value with soft fruit flavors and a medium finish without any of the pepper nuances I get with some Australian Shiraz wines. This should be a very good wine with food and is pleasant enough to quaff. Yes, it is very quaffable and soft. Sorry, I am stuck on that adjective for this wine. This wine has structure and balance with the tannins well hidden. Probably will not age long, so drink up. I couldn't find much in the way of production notes, just some cute story about the origin of the wine's name. At least they didn't put a cute animal on the label!

Well, I am off to root for the Denver Broncos in the AFC game. Sorry Lenn, it was a cheap shot! And if the Steelers do win at least I have half a bottle of Razor's Edge left, so I could slit my wrists.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given that the Steelers won, does that mean the Saturday tasting won't occur because you're in the hospital? Or did you drink all the Razor's Edge before the game?

12:46 AM  
Blogger jens at cincinnati wine said...

Razor's Edge is actually a proprietary brand by the importer Joshua Tree Imports. They were nice enough to correct my research and send me a few bottles to take the sting off the Bengal loss!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home