Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Vinho do Portugal

2003 Quinta do Vallado Douro Tinto ($20) -- Portugal. This is a blend of Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional and Soasao from a 200 year-old, small production producer. Mammoth purple inky flavors with tannins. Not for the faint-of-heart. I loved it. Two months ago I pulled a bottle from my wine shelves at home and it was corked. (Bummer, as they say in Calistoga!) A friend nicely dropped off a replacement bottle from his wine cooler today as I am stuck here filling orders and waiting for my sandwich. (I am NOT suggesting you pair this wine with chicken salad!) This wine should last for years/decades, maybe even after opening! As the distributor is out of stock, I have already offered my friend to swap 6 Tintos for 6 Waterstone Cabs even. I am waiting for the reply.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nuno said...

Ten years ago i taste for the first time Quinta do Vallado, with a price of 1,5€ was the ideal margin for a student, after dinner me and my friends got back to the wine warehouse and bought a box of them...
The quality was good and has being improved since then.

bons vinhos

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home