Thursday, December 08, 2005

Classic California Cab

2001 Anderson's Conn Valley Vineyards Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($60) -- 13% alcohol. I pulled this out of inventory as it had sat for a year with no takers and there is none at the warehouse. The rep suggested I take it home and enjoy. Enjoy I did! Elegant aroma, soft fruits, with structure, balance, long finish, integrated tannins. This was not your typical big bad Cali Cab, but more Bordeaux-like with finesse and elegance.

An hour later it had opened up more and reminded me of the cedar aromas and flavors I got when I tasted the 1972 BV Georges de Latour Cab last March. Maybe that was just my imagination.

Day two, and I still concur with the above.

Day three, and still beautiful! Does this mean it has legs and could age for 10 more years?

Aged in 225 liter French oak barrels for up to two years, then one year of bottle age.

Damn, this was the last bottle!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home