Monday, December 12, 2005

2002 Arcadian La Genisse


2002 Arcadian, "La Genisse", LaFond Vineyard Syrah ($18) -- Santa Ynez Valley. Tasted today in a quick review of four wines at Salt of the Earth with the owner and a couple of reps. A great Syrah for $18. Big nose, full fruit and longish finish. I bought a case on the spot.

The production notes on the website are for the 2000 vintage, but mention that the yeast source is from the Cote Rotie region which may explain the elegance. A lovely wine.

This ain't no heifer!

(Ed. Note: For you purist, I did not have time to research whether La Genisse is the feminine for heifer, and whether the "heifer" in the pic is male or female. I'm betting male however!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your feedback on our site. I was not aware of your blog, but now that I am, I think I will need to spend some time here. Kudos to a vey well done blog.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice review. How did u get Jay Selman to respond? This place is turning into a celebrity hangout, lol. By the way, how do I get listed on the wine blog watch?

11:33 PM  
Blogger jens at cincinnati wine said...

Thanks for the comments guys. I posted wine blog watch info on your blog, and Jay I have tried to get your Grape Radio on my Jeep radio but no luck yet. What station is it on? I usually listen to WNKU at 89.7 but would gladly change if I could find it!

jens at radio free cincinnati wine

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home